Phipps Stable's Point of Entry, winner of the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) June 8, suffered a condylar fracture in his left hind cannon bone and will have surgery, trainer Shug McGaughey said.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
I'll Have Another's injury is minor, like an ankle sprain, but would have required up to a year to return to racing, which could have hurt his value as a stallion prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win