The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, citing its statutory mission, will be involved in the debate over race-day medication, officials said May 25.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council has adopted a recommended ban on anabolic steroids that is classified as the "toughest in the country" by the panel's chairman.
Most Popular Stories
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive