The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has met the $100,000 challenge gift announced by Oak Tree Racing Association in January 2015. The gift and the matching program honor Dr. Jack Robbins, who died Nov. 29, 2014.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Dec. 29 that it will match donations made to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation in honor of late Oak Tree co-founder Dr. Jack K. Robbins.
Lenny Shulman sits down for a fun interview with Smilin' Ken Ramsey. Lenny also talks about racing this year's stand outs against one another next year. Standouts including Bayern, Shared Belief, California Chrome, Honor Code, and Hoppertunity. Sponsored by Darby Dan Farm
In addition to conducting a racing meet, the organization has made charitable donations to groups in and outside the Thoroughbred industry.
Larry Jones, Dr. Jack Robbins, and Dan Farley will each be honored with one of three awards presented annually by the National Turf Writers Association.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Sept. 17 that it has reached an agreement with the Los Angeles Turf Club to extend the Oak Tree lease through the fall of 2016.
California's Dr. Jack Robbins shared some of his favorite memories and sounded off on current medication policy as the honor guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's 71st annual Testimonial Dinner, held Friday evening at Keeneland.
The Commissioner's Cup, to be awarded Friday during the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Western Conference on Racing, will go to the family of Dr. Jack Robbins. The family will be honored at the conference to be held at Santa Anita Park on the eve of the Cal Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Taris Will Cut Back for Humana Distaff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016