In addition to conducting a racing meet, the organization has made charitable donations to groups in and outside the Thoroughbred industry.
Larry Jones, Dr. Jack Robbins, and Dan Farley will each be honored with one of three awards presented annually by the National Turf Writers Association.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Sept. 17 that it has reached an agreement with the Los Angeles Turf Club to extend the Oak Tree lease through the fall of 2016.
California's Dr. Jack Robbins shared some of his favorite memories and sounded off on current medication policy as the honor guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's 71st annual Testimonial Dinner, held Friday evening at Keeneland.
The Commissioner's Cup, to be awarded Friday during the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Western Conference on Racing, will go to the family of Dr. Jack Robbins. The family will be honored at the conference to be held at Santa Anita Park on the eve of the Cal Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale