In addition to conducting a racing meet, the organization has made charitable donations to groups in and outside the Thoroughbred industry.
Larry Jones, Dr. Jack Robbins, and Dan Farley will each be honored with one of three awards presented annually by the National Turf Writers Association.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Sept. 17 that it has reached an agreement with the Los Angeles Turf Club to extend the Oak Tree lease through the fall of 2016.
California's Dr. Jack Robbins shared some of his favorite memories and sounded off on current medication policy as the honor guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's 71st annual Testimonial Dinner, held Friday evening at Keeneland.
The Commissioner's Cup, to be awarded Friday during the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Western Conference on Racing, will go to the family of Dr. Jack Robbins. The family will be honored at the conference to be held at Santa Anita Park on the eve of the Cal Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29