The Maryland Department of Agriculture reported Nov. 26 that all 25 horses in Laurel Park's barn 1 have tested negative for the neurologic form of equine herpesvirus on a second round of tests.
With the Nov. 18 announcement by the Maryland Department of Agriculture that the final 20 samples from Laurel Park's barn 1 tested negative for neurologic equine herpesvirus, the Maryland Jockey Club has amended its restrictions on off-site runners racing at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture reported Nov. 17 that no horses in Laurel Park's Barn 1, where a filly who tested positive for neurologic equine herpesvirus was stabled, are showing signs of the virus.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture confirmed Nov. 13 that a 2-year old filly at Laurel Park in barn 1 has tested presumptive positive for equine herpesvirus pending confirmatory testing from the University of Kentucky. The horse, who could not stand yesterday morning, was sitting up and eating this morning with no fever.
A horse at Laurel Park showing neurologic signs has caused Maryland Department of Agriculture officials to place an investigational animal hold order on barn 1 pending laboratory results.
Hey Ralphy, a filly trained by Rodney Jenkins at Laurel Park, was infected by equine herpesvirus (EHV-1), according to the Maryland Department of Agriculture. The 3-year-old was euthanized Jan 26 with a suspected pelvic injury. A Hold Order has been placed on Barn 9, where the filly was stabled, at the central Maryland track. Jenkins has elected not to train any of his horses until the Hold Order ends.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Run in Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- Divisidero, Bolo Square Off in Belmont Derby
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic