The Maryland Department of Agriculture reported Nov. 26 that all 25 horses in Laurel Park's barn 1 have tested negative for the neurologic form of equine herpesvirus on a second round of tests.
With the Nov. 18 announcement by the Maryland Department of Agriculture that the final 20 samples from Laurel Park's barn 1 tested negative for neurologic equine herpesvirus, the Maryland Jockey Club has amended its restrictions on off-site runners racing at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture reported Nov. 17 that no horses in Laurel Park's Barn 1, where a filly who tested positive for neurologic equine herpesvirus was stabled, are showing signs of the virus.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture confirmed Nov. 13 that a 2-year old filly at Laurel Park in barn 1 has tested presumptive positive for equine herpesvirus pending confirmatory testing from the University of Kentucky. The horse, who could not stand yesterday morning, was sitting up and eating this morning with no fever.
A horse at Laurel Park showing neurologic signs has caused Maryland Department of Agriculture officials to place an investigational animal hold order on barn 1 pending laboratory results.
Hey Ralphy, a filly trained by Rodney Jenkins at Laurel Park, was infected by equine herpesvirus (EHV-1), according to the Maryland Department of Agriculture. The 3-year-old was euthanized Jan 26 with a suspected pelvic injury. A Hold Order has been placed on Barn 9, where the filly was stabled, at the central Maryland track. Jenkins has elected not to train any of his horses until the Hold Order ends.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November