Timber Reserve missed three months of training after his game victory in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Now he's back, seeking to emerge as a top 4-year-old in the Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 6 at Gulfstream Park.
Of the field of 10 running in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) Aug. 4, five have run in American Classicsno--none of them with any success. If one of them can break through in the 1 1/8-mile trek around Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort's main track, it will go a long way to help separate itself in a competitive 3-year-old division that is beginning to take shape.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales