Timber Reserve missed three months of training after his game victory in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Now he's back, seeking to emerge as a top 4-year-old in the Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 6 at Gulfstream Park.
Of the field of 10 running in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) Aug. 4, five have run in American Classicsno--none of them with any success. If one of them can break through in the 1 1/8-mile trek around Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort's main track, it will go a long way to help separate itself in a competitive 3-year-old division that is beginning to take shape.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn