The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October yearling sale concluded with a record-setting flourish in Lexington.
Stallion managers slashed stud fees last year after this country's recession deteriorated into a financial crisis and spread around the world. With prices for Thoroughbreds continuing to decline after falling significantly in 2008, commercial breeders are calling for even more stud fee reductions for 2010.
At its June board meeting, the Kentucky Equine Education Project elected three new board members: Dr. Gary Knapp, Wayne Lyster III, and Andre Regard.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities