The Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced Feb. 25 that its executive director, Dr. Enrique Torres, will resign his current position as of April 15 to pursue other opportunities in ministry.
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced Aug. 20 that the national office of the organization will be formally moving to Georgetown, Ky., as of Jan. 1, 2010.
Taylor Made Sales Agency and Taylor Made Stallions have become the sponsor of Race Track Chaplaincy of America's sixth White Horse Award.
The Racetrack Chaplaincy of America has launched "White Horse Riders," a group of specially trained RTCA chaplains who will deploy to assist racing-related victims during disasters in areas where racing workers and racetracks are adversely affected.
Race Track Chaplaincy of America will present its annual White Horse Community Award to the Lexington, Ky., police officer and the two Blue Grass Airport public safety officers who rescued the lone survivor from the Aug. 27 Comair crash, during the Taylor Made Sales Agency White Horse Heroes Luncheon at Churchill Downs Triple Crown Room Nov. 2.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (TOBA) announced the Race Track Chaplaincy of America (RTCA) is the recipient of the 2006 Industry Service Award. The award will be presented at the TOBA National Awards Dinner Sept. 8 at Vinery in Lexington.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Bluegrass Farms Chaplaincy, designed to meet the needs of horse farm workers in Central Kentucky, officially kicked off its program Jan. 14 with its first prayer breakfast at Keeneland during the January mixed sale. The chaplaincy hopes to line up 12 facilities to serve as "founding farms."
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win