Dual Oaks winner Dancing Rain sold in foal to undefeated European champion Frankel for 4 million guineas ($6,869,080 in United States funds) on opening day of the Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 2 in Newmarket.
Seal of Approval burst from midpack in the straight and shook clear to an upset win in the QIPCO British Champions Fillies and Mares Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 19.
Dancing Rain regained her winning form with a powerful victory in the $571,104 Preis der Diana-German Oaks (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf Aug. 7.
Sidney H. Craig, who received a colt named Dr Devious as a birthday present and watched him win the 1992 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I), died July 21.
Globetrotting Collier Hill, under sure handling from jockey Dean McKeown, won a desperate drive to the wire by a nose over Go Deputy to spring an upset in Sunday's $2 million (Canadian) Pattison Canadian International (Can-I) on the Woodbine grass course.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Moyglare Stud Farm's Where We Left Off found another gear in the final sixteenth of a mile, surging past the comfortably leading Mrs. M for a one-length triumph in the $100,000 Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Monmouth Park turf Sunday.
Before the largest opening-day crowd in Del Mar history -- 40,682 -- two English-bred 3-year-olds won divisions of the featured Oceanside Stakes at one mile on Del Mar's infield grass course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile