The chair of the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission said March 10 racetrack casinos in the state are expected to demonstrate "concrete ways their commitment to live racing and breeding."
While Barbaro was spending his 207th day in the intensive care unit Dec. 13, his replica was being exhibited in the hospital's Woerner Amphitheater, along with a check for $114,710 presented by Breyer Animal Creations, the model's creator and manufacturer.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board