Stakes winner Flick died Jan. 8 from complications of colic. The 24-year-old gelding resided at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement farm in Georgetown, Ky.
Author Leslie Guttman has spent the last year as the proverbial "fly on the wall," taking in the sights, sounds, and actions at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and in August will release her new book "Equine ER: A Year in the Life of an Equine Veterinary Hospital," published by Eclipse Press.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board