Stakes winner Flick died Jan. 8 from complications of colic. The 24-year-old gelding resided at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement farm in Georgetown, Ky.
Author Leslie Guttman has spent the last year as the proverbial "fly on the wall," taking in the sights, sounds, and actions at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and in August will release her new book "Equine ER: A Year in the Life of an Equine Veterinary Hospital," published by Eclipse Press.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence