Rachel Alexandra returned to Stonestreet Farm March 26, beginning the next stage of her remarkable recuperation following abdominal surgery performed mid-February at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, was able to be taken off IV fluids and nutrition Feb. 23 as she continues to recover from foaling complications at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra surgery update with surgeon Dr. Brett Woodie, Dr. Bonnie Barr, and Barbara Banke answering questions from the media regarding Rachel Alexandra at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. watch video
The use of a treadmill during endoscopic exams is becoming more common and useful.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Strong U.S. contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale