An international conference on research to improve the health and welfare of jockeys will be held at Monmouth Park in New Jersey Sept. 15-16.
A trust fund established for the health, welfare, and benefit of New Jersey jockeys has taken effect and will provide insurance coverage for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for riders that meet the criteria set forth under the terms of the trust.
Jockey Joe Bravo suffered a fractured left collarbone on Thursday after being unseated from his mount Maid of Sunlight during the seventh race at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm