Jockey Paco Lopez was sent to the hospital and taken off all his mounts at Monmouth Park June 17, after he was kicked by a horse in the paddock prior to the running of the first race.
Jockey Trevor McCarthy was transported to Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J. after his mount Calypso Run clipped heels and unseated the 21-year-old journeyman in Monmouth Park's 10th race July 19.
An international conference on research to improve the health and welfare of jockeys will be held at Monmouth Park in New Jersey Sept. 15-16.
A trust fund established for the health, welfare, and benefit of New Jersey jockeys has taken effect and will provide insurance coverage for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for riders that meet the criteria set forth under the terms of the trust.
Jockey Joe Bravo suffered a fractured left collarbone on Thursday after being unseated from his mount Maid of Sunlight during the seventh race at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand