An international conference on research to improve the health and welfare of jockeys will be held at Monmouth Park in New Jersey Sept. 15-16.
A trust fund established for the health, welfare, and benefit of New Jersey jockeys has taken effect and will provide insurance coverage for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for riders that meet the criteria set forth under the terms of the trust.
Jockey Joe Bravo suffered a fractured left collarbone on Thursday after being unseated from his mount Maid of Sunlight during the seventh race at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Glorious Days Closes to Win HK Mile
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush