Surgery Oct. 13 on promising 2-year-old colt Here Comes Frazier to correct a multi-piece fracture of the right hock was successful and the prognosis is good the son of Badge of Silver could eventually return to competition.
Now in its 19th year, the American Association of Equine Practitioners' "On Call" program will assist the spring season of live Thoroughbred racing on major television networks. The role of the "On Call" veterinarian is to deliver accurate veterinary information to broadcast and print journalists regarding the health of the equine athlete.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners announced the "On Call" program will run for an 18th season of live Thoroughbred racing on the major television networks March 19.
The excitement of Fall Stars weekend at Keeneland was muted Oct. 6 by the loss of two horses and a potential career-ending injury to a third.
Leading sire Broad Brush returned to Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington March 11 following treatment for septic arthritis of his left front fetlock at Rood and Riddle equine clinic.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- BH 100: Commemorates