Surgery Oct. 13 on promising 2-year-old colt Here Comes Frazier to correct a multi-piece fracture of the right hock was successful and the prognosis is good the son of Badge of Silver could eventually return to competition.
Now in its 19th year, the American Association of Equine Practitioners' "On Call" program will assist the spring season of live Thoroughbred racing on major television networks. The role of the "On Call" veterinarian is to deliver accurate veterinary information to broadcast and print journalists regarding the health of the equine athlete.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners announced the "On Call" program will run for an 18th season of live Thoroughbred racing on the major television networks March 19.
The excitement of Fall Stars weekend at Keeneland was muted Oct. 6 by the loss of two horses and a potential career-ending injury to a third.
Leading sire Broad Brush returned to Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington March 11 following treatment for septic arthritis of his left front fetlock at Rood and Riddle equine clinic.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill