Surgery Oct. 13 on promising 2-year-old colt Here Comes Frazier to correct a multi-piece fracture of the right hock was successful and the prognosis is good the son of Badge of Silver could eventually return to competition.
Now in its 19th year, the American Association of Equine Practitioners' "On Call" program will assist the spring season of live Thoroughbred racing on major television networks. The role of the "On Call" veterinarian is to deliver accurate veterinary information to broadcast and print journalists regarding the health of the equine athlete.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners announced the "On Call" program will run for an 18th season of live Thoroughbred racing on the major television networks March 19.
The excitement of Fall Stars weekend at Keeneland was muted Oct. 6 by the loss of two horses and a potential career-ending injury to a third.
Leading sire Broad Brush returned to Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington March 11 following treatment for septic arthritis of his left front fetlock at Rood and Riddle equine clinic.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Abel Tasman Gears Up for Kentucky Oaks Run
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch