Benefiting from a good jump out of the gate at the top of the downhill turf track at Santa Anita Park, Big Kick never looked back over the course of 1 3/4 miles as he rolled to victory in the San Juan Capistrano.
Quick Casablanca hopes to make the San Juan Capistrano the continuation of a beautiful friendship with the Santa Anita turf, as the Chilean-bred won a grade III stakes over the Arcadia, Calif., lawn in April.
Quick Casablanca and Fire With Fire, separated by a head the last time they met for their respective Hall of Fame trainers, will battle again in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow