Benefiting from a good jump out of the gate at the top of the downhill turf track at Santa Anita Park, Big Kick never looked back over the course of 1 3/4 miles as he rolled to victory in the San Juan Capistrano.
Quick Casablanca hopes to make the San Juan Capistrano the continuation of a beautiful friendship with the Santa Anita turf, as the Chilean-bred won a grade III stakes over the Arcadia, Calif., lawn in April.
Quick Casablanca and Fire With Fire, separated by a head the last time they met for their respective Hall of Fame trainers, will battle again in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap