Two recent reports show that Tampa Bay Downs and Gulfstream Park are making big inroads into Florida's lucrative host-track simulcast market., while host revenue for Calder fell by $5.1 million in this year's second quarter
Calder Casino & Race Course has reinstated trainer Kirk Ziadie, two years after it barred him for reasons it now says are related to positive drug tests on horses and late payments to vendors.
David J. Roberts left his post at the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering after eight years.
Hialeah Park received a Quarter Horse permit from the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering on March 17, with an apparent mandate to begin that racing by March 17, 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Final Take on Pharoah Post-Crown Tour
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding