Doyoun, a homebred classic winner for the Aga Khan and sire of two Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners, died Dec. 5 of intestinal cancer at the Izmit Central Covering Station near Istanbul
For the second time in as many weeks, a 2000 Breeders' Cup winner and North American turf champion has been retired. Following on the heels of turf female champion Perfect Sting's retirement, the Racing Post reports His Highness the Aga Khan's Kalanisi has had his career ended due to a hairline crack in his left foreleg.
Under a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, Manndar came flying once a hole opened in deep stretch to win the Manhattan (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled