Doyoun, a homebred classic winner for the Aga Khan and sire of two Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners, died Dec. 5 of intestinal cancer at the Izmit Central Covering Station near Istanbul
For the second time in as many weeks, a 2000 Breeders' Cup winner and North American turf champion has been retired. Following on the heels of turf female champion Perfect Sting's retirement, the Racing Post reports His Highness the Aga Khan's Kalanisi has had his career ended due to a hairline crack in his left foreleg.
Under a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, Manndar came flying once a hole opened in deep stretch to win the Manhattan (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh