Doyoun, a homebred classic winner for the Aga Khan and sire of two Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners, died Dec. 5 of intestinal cancer at the Izmit Central Covering Station near Istanbul
For the second time in as many weeks, a 2000 Breeders' Cup winner and North American turf champion has been retired. Following on the heels of turf female champion Perfect Sting's retirement, the Racing Post reports His Highness the Aga Khan's Kalanisi has had his career ended due to a hairline crack in his left foreleg.
Under a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, Manndar came flying once a hole opened in deep stretch to win the Manhattan (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases