Doyoun, a homebred classic winner for the Aga Khan and sire of two Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners, died Dec. 5 of intestinal cancer at the Izmit Central Covering Station near Istanbul
For the second time in as many weeks, a 2000 Breeders' Cup winner and North American turf champion has been retired. Following on the heels of turf female champion Perfect Sting's retirement, the Racing Post reports His Highness the Aga Khan's Kalanisi has had his career ended due to a hairline crack in his left foreleg.
Under a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, Manndar came flying once a hole opened in deep stretch to win the Manhattan (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts