Doyoun, a homebred classic winner for the Aga Khan and sire of two Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners, died Dec. 5 of intestinal cancer at the Izmit Central Covering Station near Istanbul
For the second time in as many weeks, a 2000 Breeders' Cup winner and North American turf champion has been retired. Following on the heels of turf female champion Perfect Sting's retirement, the Racing Post reports His Highness the Aga Khan's Kalanisi has had his career ended due to a hairline crack in his left foreleg.
Under a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, Manndar came flying once a hole opened in deep stretch to win the Manhattan (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special