Veteran jockey Dennis Collins has suffered paralysis after a spill Sept. 25 at the Downs of Albuquerque.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico is the most recent state to have its racing commission approve uniform medication rules.
Jockey Juan Campos died Aug. 16 from injuries suffered in a racing accident at the Downs at Albuquerque that same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle