The Downs at Albuquerque has released its track-record 20-race, $2.5-million stakes schedule for its 2017 Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet, which opens June 24.
Veteran jockey Dennis Collins has suffered paralysis after a spill Sept. 25 at the Downs of Albuquerque.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico is the most recent state to have its racing commission approve uniform medication rules.
Jockey Juan Campos died Aug. 16 from injuries suffered in a racing accident at the Downs at Albuquerque that same day.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot