The stakes schedule for the Churchill Downs September meet will feature a pair of 2-year-old races moved from the fall meet schedule and a new race for older horses that could serve as a prep for Breeders' Cup.
At Churchill Downs, Edwards will oversee the development and implementation of marketing, branding, and social media strategies for Churchill Downs' live racing meets.
North American racing continues on its road to recovery from the economic downturn as pari-mutuel handle, purses, and race days all posted healthy gains for the month of June, according to Equibase.
Churchill Downs announced March 9 it will increase walk-up general admission prices for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks, but will keep prices unchanged for online and advance sales.
When the popular Downs After Dark nighttime racing program returns to Churchill Downs Friday, June 11, there will be a new twist.
Churchill Downs will install permanent lights and schedule regular nighttime racing programs. The announcement was made Nov. 17 during a news conference at the Louisville racetrack.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra was among the horses working at Churchill Downs on the morning of June 15 as horses trained under lights for the first time in the track's 135-year history.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail