Three charitable organizations will share in $127,000 in contributions to be awarded during Churchill Downs' "Downs After Dark" festivities June 14.
The stakes schedule for the Churchill Downs September meet will feature a pair of 2-year-old races moved from the fall meet schedule and a new race for older horses that could serve as a prep for Breeders' Cup.
At Churchill Downs, Edwards will oversee the development and implementation of marketing, branding, and social media strategies for Churchill Downs' live racing meets.
North American racing continues on its road to recovery from the economic downturn as pari-mutuel handle, purses, and race days all posted healthy gains for the month of June, according to Equibase.
Churchill Downs announced March 9 it will increase walk-up general admission prices for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks, but will keep prices unchanged for online and advance sales.
When the popular Downs After Dark nighttime racing program returns to Churchill Downs Friday, June 11, there will be a new twist.
Churchill Downs will install permanent lights and schedule regular nighttime racing programs. The announcement was made Nov. 17 during a news conference at the Louisville racetrack.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra was among the horses working at Churchill Downs on the morning of June 15 as horses trained under lights for the first time in the track's 135-year history.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies