Whywhywhy won the Flash Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Friday, a race marred by a spill in which Renegade Warrior apparently broke down, and then Windsor Lodge fell over him. Both jockeys, Ramon Dominguez on Renegade Warrior and John Velazquez aboard Windsor Lodge, were conscious and walking after the horrific episode.
With eight juvenile colts going in the five-furlong Flash Stakes (gr. III), anything can happen.
After getting off to a relatively slow start, trainer Ronny Werner swept both maiden races for 2-year-olds run at Keeneland Thursday and Friday. The two wins improve Werner's record with first-time starters at the Lexington track the last two years to seven wins from 10 starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task