Eight races that carried listed status in 2014 will be upgraded to grade III in 2015, highlighting a relatively stable review of graded and listed stakes completed by the American Graded Stakes Committee of TOBA.
Herboriste never let favored Palmilla get away from her and eventually wore her rival down in the stretch to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes by 1 1/2 lengths at Keeneland Oct. 19.
Favored Louve Royale, equipped with earplugs to help her relax, prevailed in the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday on the Keeneland lawn after a prolonged rally.
Briviesca shook loose of her rivals in upper stretch and went on to a 1 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes for fillies and mares Sunday at Keeneland.
Humaita edged Aud at the finish of a long stretch duel to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday going 1 1/2 miles on soft turf at Keeneland.
Spice Island and jockey Cornelio Velasquez stalked patiently, seized the lead with an eighth of a mile remaining and drew away in the closing stages to win the $150,000 Rood & Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday at Keeneland.
Ten fillies and mares were entered for Keeneland's $150,000 Rood & Riddle Dowager on Sunday with Robert Sangster's Ocean Silk worthy of marquee billing.
Joseph Allen's Volga (Ire) heads a field of 10 fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000-added Dowager at 12 furlongs on the Keeneland turf.
Krisada, who won the Dec. 29 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) in her final outing, has been retired and will be bred this spring, according to her trainer, Shug McGaughey.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications