First-time starter Forte Feroce seized command at the quarter pole and romped to a clear win in the third race at Emerald Downs June 15, becoming the first winner for Texas-based freshman sire Grasshopper.
Dove Hunt, sire of 21 stakes horses, will stand in 2010 at Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
Former claiming horse Gunning For became a graded stakes winner Saturday when he held off a determined Rousing Victory for a half-length victory in the $110,100 Lawrence (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on a yielding Belmont Park turf.
Dove Hunt, a five-time graded stakes winner, has been relocated from William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., to Lane's End Texas near Hempstead
Grade II winner Lismore Knight tops a full field of twelve 2-year-old colts entered to run 1-1/16 mile on the turf in Friday's $100,000-added Hopemont.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival