First-time starter Forte Feroce seized command at the quarter pole and romped to a clear win in the third race at Emerald Downs June 15, becoming the first winner for Texas-based freshman sire Grasshopper.
Dove Hunt, sire of 21 stakes horses, will stand in 2010 at Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
Former claiming horse Gunning For became a graded stakes winner Saturday when he held off a determined Rousing Victory for a half-length victory in the $110,100 Lawrence (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on a yielding Belmont Park turf.
Dove Hunt, a five-time graded stakes winner, has been relocated from William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., to Lane's End Texas near Hempstead
Grade II winner Lismore Knight tops a full field of twelve 2-year-old colts entered to run 1-1/16 mile on the turf in Friday's $100,000-added Hopemont.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga