First-time starter Forte Feroce seized command at the quarter pole and romped to a clear win in the third race at Emerald Downs June 15, becoming the first winner for Texas-based freshman sire Grasshopper.
Dove Hunt, sire of 21 stakes horses, will stand in 2010 at Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
Former claiming horse Gunning For became a graded stakes winner Saturday when he held off a determined Rousing Victory for a half-length victory in the $110,100 Lawrence (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on a yielding Belmont Park turf.
Dove Hunt, a five-time graded stakes winner, has been relocated from William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., to Lane's End Texas near Hempstead
Grade II winner Lismore Knight tops a full field of twelve 2-year-old colts entered to run 1-1/16 mile on the turf in Friday's $100,000-added Hopemont.
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned