In response to widespread media speculation Juddmonte Group chief executive Douglas Erskine-Crum issued a statement Dec. 4 saying Prince Khalid Abdullah's worldwide racing and breeding operation is not for sale.
Khalid Abdullah plans to disperse part of his global Juddmonte equine operation, the organization's chief executive confirmed.
Following a record 1,504 scheduled racing fixtures in Britain this year, the number for 2009 is set to fall to 1,477.
Ascot Racecourse announced Feb. 15 that Charles Barnett had been appointed to the position of chief executive.
The world-famous Royal Ascot race meeting, now five days long, will transfer to York racecourse in the North of England, 200 miles away, for either 2005 or 2006.
Jockey Gary Stevens may have been named to a "50 Most Beautiful People" list recently and displayed his considerable riding skill in Friday's Coronation Stakes. But as far a gateman at Royal Ascot's grandstand balcony was concerned, he's just another cheeky American.
In a further sign of the commercialization of racing in the UK, the Queen's racecourse, Ascot, has become a limited company. The move will make it easier for Ascot to raise the £100-million plus needed for the most ambitious grandstand project ever in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream