The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner