The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks