The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale