The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro