The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return