The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- New Withholding, Reporting Rules Near Enactment
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar