The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Four men ejected from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races over alleged involvement in the use of "program trainers" have filed an appeal with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- Moshaagib to Enter Stud at Nicks Farm
- Golden Rod Holds Plenty of Opportunity
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive