With a patient ride and a sweeping move on the final turn, Bailoutbobby took the 1 3/4-mile $200,000 Marathon Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland by 5 1/4 lengths.
Doug O'Neill on winning the 2012 Kentucky Derby and his 2013 Derby horse, Goldencents watch video
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Great Hunter is a hot property on this year's Triple Crown trail, but who has right to claim the grade I winner as legal property looms as a big question.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale