With a patient ride and a sweeping move on the final turn, Bailoutbobby took the 1 3/4-mile $200,000 Marathon Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland by 5 1/4 lengths.
Doug O'Neill on winning the 2012 Kentucky Derby and his 2013 Derby horse, Goldencents watch video
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Great Hunter is a hot property on this year's Triple Crown trail, but who has right to claim the grade I winner as legal property looms as a big question.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired