Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
Anne's Beauty, a three-time Canadian stakes winner, has been retired from racing after injuring a tendon while finishing sixth in the Hendrie Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine May 19.
Anne's Beauty became a graded stakes winner with her first turf victory in the $159,119 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine, giving jockey Patrick Husbands his fifth triumph on the Aug. 27 card.
Favorite Anne's Beauty found her best stride past mid-stretch to collar front-running Honey Chile close to home and register a two-length win in the $157,363 Duchess Stakes on Woodbine's Polytrack July 30.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Grade I winner Artie Schiller came through with his first winner when his daughter Anne's Beauty won Aug. 27 at Woodbine.
Multiple graded stakes winner Honor the Hero is one of two equine and two human inductees to be inducted into the Canterbury Hall of Fame on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends