Bradester collared pacesetter Grand Contender mid-stretch and proved best in the drive for the wire to register his first stakes win in the $150,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Disposablepleasure scored her second 2013 straight victory when she kicked clear in upper-stretch and prevailed by an easy 1 1/2 lengths over Brushed by a Star in the April 20 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
With his dominating 3 1/2-length allowance score going 1 1/16 miles March 15, War Academy is ready to join the Derby party, according to both Bob Baffert and Mike Smith.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Favored Disposablepleasure overcame a bad stumble at the start and a claim of foul to nose out Wildcat's Smile at the wire in the $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress