Runner-up in last year's Salvator Mile (gr. III), Joseph Sutton's Bradester would not be denied in this year's edition July 5 at Monmouth Park.
After playing second fiddle in his prior two starts, favored Bradester finished on top in the $107,300 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 6 from Churchill Downs, holding off Carve in a front-running effort by 1 3/4 lengths.
Bradester collared pacesetter Grand Contender mid-stretch and proved best in the drive for the wire to register his first stakes win in the $150,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Disposablepleasure scored her second 2013 straight victory when she kicked clear in upper-stretch and prevailed by an easy 1 1/2 lengths over Brushed by a Star in the April 20 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
With his dominating 3 1/2-length allowance score going 1 1/16 miles March 15, War Academy is ready to join the Derby party, according to both Bob Baffert and Mike Smith.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Favored Disposablepleasure overcame a bad stumble at the start and a claim of foul to nose out Wildcat's Smile at the wire in the $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned