Texas horseman Billy Hanna died Sept. 15 after a long battle with cancer.
Sunny's Halo will be re-interred at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs, where he raced to his greatest triumph in the 1983 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Captain Countdown, a multiple stakes winner, was represented by his first winner when his daughter, Bobbie M., won June 15 at Lone Star Park at first asking.
Captain Countdown, a stakes-winning son of Relaunch, has been relocated to Double S Thoroughbred Farm near Tyler, Texas, from Hamton Farm in Texas.
Graded stakes winner Truluck, sire of a pair of 2005 stakes winners, has been moved to William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead.
Dashboard Drummer made a sweeping move on the turn and ran down the front-runners in the stretch to capture the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday by 2 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale