A.P. Warrior worked five furlongs in 1:01 Monday under jockey David Flores for the $350,000-added Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes, a grade II test for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
After missing his mount aboard Bluegrass Cat in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a broken shoulder blade, John Velazquez is looking forward to riding the colt in the $1 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) Saturday.
Under the watchful eye of trainer Bob Baffert, Belmont Stakes (gr. I) contender Bob and John and Woody Stephens Breeders' Cup (gr. II) favorite Too Much Bling both galloped easily over the muddy Belmont Park track Thursday morning.
Without classic winners Barbaro and Bernardini in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the race appears to be wide open. Like in any race, one horse has to be the longest shot on the board. That honor will likely fall to Double Galore.
Jazil, who dead-heated for fourth in the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is scheduled to breeze a half-mile Monday morning in preparation for the June 10 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). He was one of several probable starters that are expected to work Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser