The $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), which attracted a well-matched field of 12 fillies and mares, promises to help get the Breeders' Cup World Championships program off to a good betting start at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.
Julien Leparoux, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as America's top jockey who has dominated the standings the past four years at Churchill Downs, will be a busy man next weekend with 12 Breeders' Cup mounts.
Martin Racing Stable and Dan Morgan's Dubai Majesty will try to defend her title in the Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) but will have to face grade I winner Hot Dixie Chick, who is the lone 3-year-old in the sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen