The $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), which attracted a well-matched field of 12 fillies and mares, promises to help get the Breeders' Cup World Championships program off to a good betting start at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.
Julien Leparoux, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as America's top jockey who has dominated the standings the past four years at Churchill Downs, will be a busy man next weekend with 12 Breeders' Cup mounts.
Martin Racing Stable and Dan Morgan's Dubai Majesty will try to defend her title in the Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) but will have to face grade I winner Hot Dixie Chick, who is the lone 3-year-old in the sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa