The $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), which attracted a well-matched field of 12 fillies and mares, promises to help get the Breeders' Cup World Championships program off to a good betting start at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.
Julien Leparoux, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as America's top jockey who has dominated the standings the past four years at Churchill Downs, will be a busy man next weekend with 12 Breeders' Cup mounts.
Martin Racing Stable and Dan Morgan's Dubai Majesty will try to defend her title in the Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) but will have to face grade I winner Hot Dixie Chick, who is the lone 3-year-old in the sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning