The $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), which attracted a well-matched field of 12 fillies and mares, promises to help get the Breeders' Cup World Championships program off to a good betting start at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.
Julien Leparoux, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as America's top jockey who has dominated the standings the past four years at Churchill Downs, will be a busy man next weekend with 12 Breeders' Cup mounts.
Martin Racing Stable and Dan Morgan's Dubai Majesty will try to defend her title in the Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) but will have to face grade I winner Hot Dixie Chick, who is the lone 3-year-old in the sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again