Despite the global economic slump, Thoroughbred Charities of America was able to raise a gross of $1.3 million dollars at its annual Stallion Season and Art Auction Dec. 5.
Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA), has selected Todd Pletcher, the North American leader in purse earnings from 2004-2007, to receive this year's TCA "Charity Leadership Award" Dec. 5 at Keeneland, during their 19th Annual TCA Stallion Season and Art auction.
New Vocations adoption program reported that it placed more than 300 retired race horses in new homes last year.
The Keeneland Foundation in Lexington has made a $2,500 grant to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to help fund the transitional training aspect of its program.
New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program raised $12,500 at the Fifth Annual Silent Auction at Thistledown Oct. 30.
The 4th Annual Silent Auction to benefit New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program was held at Thistledown on Breeders' Cup Day. Over 60 individuals donated art, memorabilia, tickets to sporting events, tack, gift items, and services. The merchandise portion generated $4,079 while additional monetary contributions amounted to $3,975 for a fundraiser total of $8,054.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis