Despite the global economic slump, Thoroughbred Charities of America was able to raise a gross of $1.3 million dollars at its annual Stallion Season and Art Auction Dec. 5.
Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA), has selected Todd Pletcher, the North American leader in purse earnings from 2004-2007, to receive this year's TCA "Charity Leadership Award" Dec. 5 at Keeneland, during their 19th Annual TCA Stallion Season and Art auction.
New Vocations adoption program reported that it placed more than 300 retired race horses in new homes last year.
The Keeneland Foundation in Lexington has made a $2,500 grant to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to help fund the transitional training aspect of its program.
New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program raised $12,500 at the Fifth Annual Silent Auction at Thistledown Oct. 30.
The 4th Annual Silent Auction to benefit New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program was held at Thistledown on Breeders' Cup Day. Over 60 individuals donated art, memorabilia, tickets to sporting events, tack, gift items, and services. The merchandise portion generated $4,079 while additional monetary contributions amounted to $3,975 for a fundraiser total of $8,054.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short