The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
The veteran campaigners Dreadnaught - winner the 2004 edition of Calder's $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) - and Revved Up, second by a neck in last year's running, return to the scene Saturday in one of four graded stakes worth a total $600,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes Jockey Club Gold Cup With Ease
- Shadwell: Grand Arch Holds Over The Pizza Man
- American Pharoah Drills at Santa Anita for BC
- Wild Dude Rallies Late to Claim SA Sprint
- Greenpointcrusader Rallies to Take Champagne
- Appealing Tale Wins Kelso, Honor Code Third
- Brody's Cause Storms Home in Futurity
- Tepin Airs in First Lady, BC Mile Next
- Nickname Wins Frizette Driving in the Slop
- No Silent Rolls to Eddie D Score