The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
The veteran campaigners Dreadnaught - winner the 2004 edition of Calder's $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) - and Revved Up, second by a neck in last year's running, return to the scene Saturday in one of four graded stakes worth a total $600,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes