The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
The veteran campaigners Dreadnaught - winner the 2004 edition of Calder's $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) - and Revved Up, second by a neck in last year's running, return to the scene Saturday in one of four graded stakes worth a total $600,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Eight Rivals for Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Model Drug Rules in Place for Delaware Meet
- Denali Promotes Jarrett, Adds Bayer to Team
- Flattering Bea Needs Hot Sugar Maple Pace