The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
The veteran campaigners Dreadnaught - winner the 2004 edition of Calder's $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) - and Revved Up, second by a neck in last year's running, return to the scene Saturday in one of four graded stakes worth a total $600,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture