The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
The veteran campaigners Dreadnaught - winner the 2004 edition of Calder's $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) - and Revved Up, second by a neck in last year's running, return to the scene Saturday in one of four graded stakes worth a total $600,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup