Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Southwest sire Hadif, 24, collapsed and died at Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Dorothy Turner Scharbauer, who campaigned Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year Alysheba, died shortly after midnight Wednesday following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Casino Planned at Former Michigan Racetrack