Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Southwest sire Hadif, 24, collapsed and died at Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Dorothy Turner Scharbauer, who campaigned Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year Alysheba, died shortly after midnight Wednesday following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut