Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Southwest sire Hadif, 24, collapsed and died at Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Dorothy Turner Scharbauer, who campaigned Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year Alysheba, died shortly after midnight Wednesday following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale