Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Southwest sire Hadif, 24, collapsed and died at Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Dorothy Turner Scharbauer, who campaigned Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year Alysheba, died shortly after midnight Wednesday following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream