Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Southwest sire Hadif, 24, collapsed and died at Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Dorothy Turner Scharbauer, who campaigned Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year Alysheba, died shortly after midnight Wednesday following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset