Klaravich Stables and William Lawrence's Takeover Target overcame a wide trip and trailed in last turning for home, but found the highest gear in the final sixteenth May 21 to capture the $250,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Assateague dominated seven fillies and mares in the $200,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), leading all the way en route to her first graded stakes win July 8 at Parx Racing.
Waterway Run, trained by Ralph Beckett, is headed for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) after posting a half-length win in the Sahkee Oh So Sharp Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket Sept. 28.
Offlee Wild, winner of the Suburban Handicap (gr. I), has been purchased by Darley and will stand at Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. in 2006, at the end of his racing career.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night