Sangrita, running for the Kentucky Derby-winning team of trainer Michael Matz and jockey Edgar Prado, grabbed the lead approaching the top of the stretch and powered to a two-length victory over Joint Effort in the $170,250 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci