Sangrita, running for the Kentucky Derby-winning team of trainer Michael Matz and jockey Edgar Prado, grabbed the lead approaching the top of the stretch and powered to a two-length victory over Joint Effort in the $170,250 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Legatissimo Favored in 11-Horse Investec Oaks
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser
- NTRA Says Comments to Treasury Top 11,600