Sangrita, running for the Kentucky Derby-winning team of trainer Michael Matz and jockey Edgar Prado, grabbed the lead approaching the top of the stretch and powered to a two-length victory over Joint Effort in the $170,250 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23