On a five-race win streak, Justwhistledixie doesn't figure to run into anyone like Rachel Alexandra in the one-mile Acorn, a $300,000 event that drew eight other 3-year-old fillies.
This year's rendition of the Bessemer Trust Juvenile Fillies is long on local-grown talent in the form of Stardom Bound.
Doremifasollatido saved ground early, moved into contention while splitting horses at the top of the stretch and pulled away for a two-length victory in the $250,000 Matron (gr. II) Sept. 13 on the Belmont dirt.
A year ago, Larry Jones saddled Proud Spell to victory in the Matron Stakes (gr. II). Jones can only hope his entry in this year's Matron, On the Menu, is destined for the same kind of success. On Sept. 13, she tries stakes company for the first time in the prestigious $250,000 event for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont.
Mani Bhavan, ignored by the bettors in spite of a 9 1/4-length win in her debuting maiden win one month ago at Delaware Park, demolished her opposition again in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 13.
Bold Union, winner of her first two starts by a remarkable total of 20 1/2 lengths, headlines a field of eight 2-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio; Bayern Doubtful
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic
- R Sassy Lass Tops OBS Racing Card Tuesday
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Able Friend Storms to Stewards' Cup Triumph
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull