Sierra Sunset is scheduled to make his first start since winning the 2008 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) when he faces 10 rivals in the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park June 6.
Soul City Slew, a veteran gelding who won his first stakes when he upset the Potrero Grande Handicap (gr. II) last month, returns to Hollywood Park in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) May 16.
Front-running Mr Gruff won his stakes debut in style, turning back a brief challenge in the lane to win the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 18.
Hillside turf course specialist Desert Code makes a quick turnaround for trainer David Hofmans as the 122-pound high weight in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's penultimate day for the 2008-09 racing season April 18.
Midnight Lute, last year's Eclipse Award champion sprinter, has been tearing up the track in the mornings as he prepares for his 2008 debut in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 24.
Eight older sprinters will try to knock off Everest Stables' homebred Sailors Sunset, who looks for the repeat in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) May 10 at Hollywood Park.
Storm Military, last year's champion miler in Argentina, looks to get his first graded stakes victory on American soil, as the 6-year-old lines up against nine rivals in the $400,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) April 12 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Slideshow: Will Take Charge
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs