Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has been cleared of any direct involvement in the Godolphin doping scandal by an internal inquiry.
Three trainers and a clocker based at Penn National Race Course were arrested Friday, Nov. 22 after a federal grand jury indicted them on fraud charges in connection with races and workouts at the Grantville, Pa. track.
By John Oxley - I believe the vast majority of owners and trainers want a level playing field where horsemanship counts and the best horses win. I believe they also want to see the cheaters severely punished. Repeat offenders should be eliminated from our sport. These are the objectives of the RMTC.
By John W. Russell -- When top trainers are accused of running horses on illegal medication, racing is inviting the same negative publicity as the Olympics, and it can't afford to be regarded with the same skepticism.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga