Srikandi made the best of her inside draw June 6, racing well on the pace throughout to win the Aus$2 million Stradbroke Handicap (Aus-I), Queensland's most important race, by 1 3/4 lengths from Boban.
Winx provided trainer Chris Waller a record 13th top-level win of the season when taking the Queensland Oaks (Aus-I) in dominant fashion May 30 at Doomben.
Boban unleashed his trademark finishing kick, and just edged Charlie Boy and Generalife, in a thrilling finish in the Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I) May 23.
Jockey Blake Shinn capped a memorable five-win day at Doomben May 9 aboard Hot Snitzel, a 6-year-old gelding who got his breakthrough group I win in the BTC Cup.
Lightly regarded Famous Seamus outsprinted group I winners Spirit of Boom and Buffering and captured the Bundaberg Distilling BTC Cup (Aus-I) May 10 at Doomben.
- By Ric Chapman
Magic Millions, which conducts the largest movement of yearlings in Australia with its eight-day sale each January, has acknowledged the sale won't take place as previously advertised because of the equine influenza outbreak.
Dehere's best southern son, Defier, snapped his group I losing streak with a hard fought win in the $500,000 (Australian funds) Doomben Cup (Aust-I) May 29.
As Royal Academy rests up before his eighth year of dual hemisphere work his best southern son, Bel Esprit, broke through for a belated group I at three in the $500,000 (Australian funds) Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane May 17.
Falvelon established himself as one of the best ever Australian sprinters with a successful defense of the Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane on May 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance