Jockey Tim Doocy became the 25th rider to win 5,000 races when he guided Color Out to victory in the nightcap at Oaklawn Park on April 4.
Jockey Tim Doocy will likely miss the rest of the year after suffering injuries that included a separated pelvis during a fall July 21 at Prairie Meadows. Another veteran jockey, Terry Thompson, returned to action the same night after recovering from a pelvic dislocation.
Jockeys James Lopez and Tim Doocy were injured in a spill during the running of Sunday's fourth race at Churchill Downs. The spill occured approaching the stretch and resulted in the death of one of the two horses involved.
Chindi beat Smolderin Heart by 1 1/2 lengths in the $113,700 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds and older Sunday on opening day of the fall meet at Churchill Downs.
Dust On the Bottle, last after the opening quarter mile and sixth after a mile, rallied through the stretch to win the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III) by a length Saturday at Hawthorne Race Course. Sent off at nearly 39-1, the Glenn Hild-trained 5-year-old paid $79.40 for the win.
Jockey Tim Doocy added his name to an elite list by becoming the 37th rider to win 4,000 races when he guided Seaside Hero to a one-length victory in Thursday's third race at Arlington International Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House