Richard Otto Stable's Summer Mis, benefiting from a clever ride from Rene Douglas, outfought Don't Countess Out and Born To Dance in the last furlong, to capture the $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland on Sunday.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Ron and Ricki Rashinki's favored Vicki Vallencourt took the lead after a half-mile and pulled away in the stretch under Rafael Bejarano for a 7 1/4-length triumph in the $102,050 Ellis Park Breeders's Cup Handicap Sunday.
Trainer Bernie Flint, who won the $50,000 Holiday Inaugural Stakes last year with Spanish Glitter, has doubled his chances for a repeat by entering both Freeforracing and Keepondealing for Saturday's feature.
French Riviera, with the Louisiana connections of trainer Larry Robideaux and jockey Donnie Meche, pulled off a stunning upset in the $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over a muddy track at Keeneland Sunday.
Sunday's $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over six furlongs at Keeneland has attracted a talented field of 11 distaffers, including defending champion Cat Cay.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill