Richard Otto Stable's Summer Mis, benefiting from a clever ride from Rene Douglas, outfought Don't Countess Out and Born To Dance in the last furlong, to capture the $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland on Sunday.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Ron and Ricki Rashinki's favored Vicki Vallencourt took the lead after a half-mile and pulled away in the stretch under Rafael Bejarano for a 7 1/4-length triumph in the $102,050 Ellis Park Breeders's Cup Handicap Sunday.
Trainer Bernie Flint, who won the $50,000 Holiday Inaugural Stakes last year with Spanish Glitter, has doubled his chances for a repeat by entering both Freeforracing and Keepondealing for Saturday's feature.
French Riviera, with the Louisiana connections of trainer Larry Robideaux and jockey Donnie Meche, pulled off a stunning upset in the $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over a muddy track at Keeneland Sunday.
Sunday's $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over six furlongs at Keeneland has attracted a talented field of 11 distaffers, including defending champion Cat Cay.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet