Alan Garcia, winner of the 2008 Belmont Stakes(gr. I) aboard 38-1 longshot Da' Tara who relocated to Kentucky in 2013, is moving his tack and family to Saudi Arabia, according to agent Donnie Richardson.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund Advisory Committee Sept. 5 approved formation of a subcommittee to explore possible purse bonuses or races for horses sired by Kentucky-based stallions.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Oct. 19 that Senior Vice President of Racing Donnie Richardson will leave the company at the end of the year.
Two 3-year-olds being shipped to Churchill Downs for other races on Kentucky Derby (gr. I) week could join the field for the season's first classic. Trainer Tony Richey said Boyce Roberts' Arctic Boy may run in the Derby rather than a conditioned allowance race on Derby Day he is being pointed toward. Richey said a final decision on Derby plans for the son of Maria's Mon will be made following a Monday workout under jockey Calvin Borel. Meanwhile, Churchill officials said trainer Simon Bray could also decide to run Turf Paradise Derby winner Startac in the Derby rather than the Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III), a 1 1/16-mile grass test on Friday's Kentucky Oaks card.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky