Teuflesberg, who was injured in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, continues to have a successful recovery at Rood and Riddle Equine Cinic near Lexington. The colt, who had been on the road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, suffered career-ending fractures in both sesamoids in his left foreleg.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg, who fractured both sesamoid bones in his left front leg in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, underwent a successful surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and is on the way to what co-owner Donnie Kelly hopes will be a full recovery.
Co-owner and trainer Jamie Sanders said Oct. 9 Teuflesberg will likely undergo surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards