Teuflesberg, who was injured in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, continues to have a successful recovery at Rood and Riddle Equine Cinic near Lexington. The colt, who had been on the road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, suffered career-ending fractures in both sesamoids in his left foreleg.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg, who fractured both sesamoid bones in his left front leg in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, underwent a successful surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and is on the way to what co-owner Donnie Kelly hopes will be a full recovery.
Co-owner and trainer Jamie Sanders said Oct. 9 Teuflesberg will likely undergo surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017