Teuflesberg, who was injured in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, continues to have a successful recovery at Rood and Riddle Equine Cinic near Lexington. The colt, who had been on the road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, suffered career-ending fractures in both sesamoids in his left foreleg.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg, who fractured both sesamoid bones in his left front leg in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, underwent a successful surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and is on the way to what co-owner Donnie Kelly hopes will be a full recovery.
Co-owner and trainer Jamie Sanders said Oct. 9 Teuflesberg will likely undergo surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood