Teuflesberg, who was injured in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, continues to have a successful recovery at Rood and Riddle Equine Cinic near Lexington. The colt, who had been on the road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, suffered career-ending fractures in both sesamoids in his left foreleg.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg, who fractured both sesamoid bones in his left front leg in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, underwent a successful surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and is on the way to what co-owner Donnie Kelly hopes will be a full recovery.
Co-owner and trainer Jamie Sanders said Oct. 9 Teuflesberg will likely undergo surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup