Teuflesberg, who was injured in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, continues to have a successful recovery at Rood and Riddle Equine Cinic near Lexington. The colt, who had been on the road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, suffered career-ending fractures in both sesamoids in his left foreleg.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg, who fractured both sesamoid bones in his left front leg in the Oct. 6 Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, underwent a successful surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington and is on the way to what co-owner Donnie Kelly hopes will be a full recovery.
Co-owner and trainer Jamie Sanders said Oct. 9 Teuflesberg will likely undergo surgery Oct. 11 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog