The Texas Thoroughbred Association has made no decision on whether to appeal the ruling by Texas Judge Charles Mitchell that ordered the association to recertify Chauffe Au Rouge as an accredited Texas-bred racehorse. The TTA temporarily suspended action on the matter during its Feb. 19 board of directors meeting.
Texas Judge Charles Mitchell has ordered the Texas Thoroughbred Association to recertify Chauffe Au Rouge as an accredited Texas-bred racehorse. Mitchell made the decision Feb. 6 in response to a lawsuit filed against the TTA by James Donnan and Gerald Mackey, owners of the 8-year-old bay gelding by Red Attack.
Now that the Texas Racing Commission has voted to suspend his license for two months, James Donnan, the embattled owner of the racehorse Chauffe Au Rouge, plans to take his case to a Texas district court.
Trainer Cole Norman notches his biggest career win when former claimer Unrullah Bull stages a Texas Mile upset.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15