Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength