Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town