Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern