Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released