Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows