Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan