Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning