Donna Moore, a legendary horsewoman best known for her great success in the Saddlebred world, died Jan. 18 at Tanbark Health Center near Lexington after a long illness. She was 82.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000