Mexikoma, a stakes-winning son of Birdstone, has been retired to stud and will stand his first season at Dallas and Donna Keen's Keen Farms in Burleson, Texas. He will stand for a $1,000 fee as property of the Keens.
Porfido, a three-time group 1 winner in his native Chile, has been retired to Old Friends in Georgetown, Ky. Porfido (Mash One--Piazza Venezia, by Roy) started 79 times in his career, winning 15 races, seven in Chile.
Ten broodmares at a Texas livestock auction that is frequented by kill buyers were shipped there by Keith Asmussen's Asmussen Horse Center July 7.
- By Esther Marr
After a near-death experience last year, horsewoman Carmel Heitzman decided to run the Mardi Gras Marathon and raised more than $8,500 for Remember Me Rescue. read blog
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots announced Jan. 13 a $2,500 gift to two locally active rescue organizations helping to relocate more than 40 neglected horses discovered last week at a farm near Many, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win