NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television/Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) when American Pharoah became the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
The Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast live in primetime Nov. 2, culminating 9 1/2 hours of Breeders' Cup World Championships coverage over two days by the NBC Sports Group from Santa Anita Park.
NBC will televise the Sunshine Millions Saturday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) from Santa Anita and Gulfstream Park. Tom Hammond will host from Santa Anita, with analysis by Gary Stevens.
NBC sportscaster Tom Hammond, who has worked on all 18 Breeders' Cup programs to date, will appear on Saturday's telecast from home while recovering from heart surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality