NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television/Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) when American Pharoah became the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
The Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast live in primetime Nov. 2, culminating 9 1/2 hours of Breeders' Cup World Championships coverage over two days by the NBC Sports Group from Santa Anita Park.
NBC will televise the Sunshine Millions Saturday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) from Santa Anita and Gulfstream Park. Tom Hammond will host from Santa Anita, with analysis by Gary Stevens.
NBC sportscaster Tom Hammond, who has worked on all 18 Breeders' Cup programs to date, will appear on Saturday's telecast from home while recovering from heart surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby