NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television/Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) when American Pharoah became the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
The Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast live in primetime Nov. 2, culminating 9 1/2 hours of Breeders' Cup World Championships coverage over two days by the NBC Sports Group from Santa Anita Park.
NBC will televise the Sunshine Millions Saturday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) from Santa Anita and Gulfstream Park. Tom Hammond will host from Santa Anita, with analysis by Gary Stevens.
NBC sportscaster Tom Hammond, who has worked on all 18 Breeders' Cup programs to date, will appear on Saturday's telecast from home while recovering from heart surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf