Winx, Australia's reigning queen of the turf, came from near last and won the Aus$3 million Doncaster Mile (Aus-I) in sensational style April 2 at Royal Randwick.
Sacred Falls defeated favorite Pierro in the Doncaster Handicap (Aus-I) and Royal Descent scored an eye-catching victory in the Australian Oaks (Aus-I) to give trainer Chris Waller a group I double April 20 Royal Randwick.
Trainer Gai Waterhouse won her record equalling seventh BMW Doncaster Mile (Aus-I) when More Joyous prevailed at Royal Randwick April 21 and earned the mare an automatic berth into the BC Mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom