A colt by Footstepsinthesand sold for the highest price at the Doncaster breeze-up sale, which posted records for average and median April 22.
A Danzig colt became the highest-priced horse ever sold at the Donacaster breeze-up sale in England when he brought 140,000 guineas (approximately $231,980) from Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Farm of Japan. It was the first time that a Japanese buyer had ever participated in the auction and the first time that a Danzig offspring had been offered at the sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races