A colt by Footstepsinthesand sold for the highest price at the Doncaster breeze-up sale, which posted records for average and median April 22.
A Danzig colt became the highest-priced horse ever sold at the Donacaster breeze-up sale in England when he brought 140,000 guineas (approximately $231,980) from Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Farm of Japan. It was the first time that a Japanese buyer had ever participated in the auction and the first time that a Danzig offspring had been offered at the sale.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Churchill Downs Readies for 21-Day Fall Meet
- Catch a Glimpse Breezes for Breeders' Cup
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options