A colt by Footstepsinthesand sold for the highest price at the Doncaster breeze-up sale, which posted records for average and median April 22.
A Danzig colt became the highest-priced horse ever sold at the Donacaster breeze-up sale in England when he brought 140,000 guineas (approximately $231,980) from Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Farm of Japan. It was the first time that a Japanese buyer had ever participated in the auction and the first time that a Danzig offspring had been offered at the sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch