A challenge grant has brought in more than $350,000 for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Dec. 29 that it will match donations made to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation in honor of late Oak Tree co-founder Dr. Jack K. Robbins.
Jess Jackson and his wife, Barbara Banke, are donating $100,000 from "Jackson Curlin for Kids" to Anna House, the on-track daycare center for children of backstretch workers at Belmont Park.
Nine new equine health studies have received grants totaling $248,730 from the Morris Animal Foundation.
In another aspect of Barbaro's legacy, racing enthusiasts and fans of the colt are making donations to equine retirement programs in his memory.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot