A challenge grant has brought in more than $350,000 for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
The Oak Tree Racing Association announced Dec. 29 that it will match donations made to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation in honor of late Oak Tree co-founder Dr. Jack K. Robbins.
Jess Jackson and his wife, Barbara Banke, are donating $100,000 from "Jackson Curlin for Kids" to Anna House, the on-track daycare center for children of backstretch workers at Belmont Park.
Nine new equine health studies have received grants totaling $248,730 from the Morris Animal Foundation.
In another aspect of Barbaro's legacy, racing enthusiasts and fans of the colt are making donations to equine retirement programs in his memory.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa