Donald Valpredo was elected president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association by the organization's board of directors meeting in Berkeley Feb. 10.
Soviet Problem, 1994 California Horse of the Year and Breeders Cup Sprint (gr. I) runner-up, has been euthanized due to the infirmities of old age at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Dennis Cardoza, who represents the 18th district of California in Congress, has joined the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Unzip Me dictated the pace en route to an easy win in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 11, earning her fourth consecutive win for trainer Marty Jones.
Facing open stakes company for the first time, front-running Compari ran his winning streak to six races by holding off Fluke in the $150,000 Budweiser Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf April 3.
Five incumbents and one new board member have been elected directors o the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar