Jockey Chantal Sutherland rode her 1,000th winner May 6 at Santa Anita Park, where she guided Donald Valpredo's homebred Giro Candito to victory in a maiden claiming event.
Donald Valpredo was elected president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association by the organization's board of directors meeting in Berkeley Feb. 10.
Soviet Problem, 1994 California Horse of the Year and Breeders Cup Sprint (gr. I) runner-up, has been euthanized due to the infirmities of old age at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Dennis Cardoza, who represents the 18th district of California in Congress, has joined the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Unzip Me dictated the pace en route to an easy win in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 11, earning her fourth consecutive win for trainer Marty Jones.
Facing open stakes company for the first time, front-running Compari ran his winning streak to six races by holding off Fluke in the $150,000 Budweiser Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf April 3.
Five incumbents and one new board member have been elected directors o the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop